Late to the Dance

Life really did get better at 40. Not perfect, but better. Great job, bad, bad hair, good TV, bad books, not enough exercise, bad doctor, a few good flicks, loser in the "relationship" department, good visits with Erin... See, lots of good stuff but too many bad things that I still have to work out. So this is me, working it out.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

About that dancing

I think I am going to sign up for ballroom dance classes. Yep, just like so many other TV addicts, I have been watching Ballroom Bootcamp and it got me hooked. Plus, my local college offers dance class on Friday nights and I am usually in town on Friday nights. Usually. I wish I could join a gym but it wouldn't make sense - I'm just on the road way too much. I should get in the habit of using hotel workout equipment.

Erin is getting bored down here and wants to head back up to Berkeley. Now. While it makes me sad that she is going to cut her visit short, it does make me happy that she even WANTS to go back.

Next week I fly to Florida to teach Notaries how to stay out of trouble. Hmmm. I better get off the computer and get back to my studying. I wonder what other seminar presenter/teacher type opportunities there are for me out there if I ever get sick of this job?

Night night.

7 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger David said...

Welcome! Welcome!

Welcome to the blogosphere!

Just want to say...you know Rachel is going to say, "SWING dancing is where it is at!"

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger David said...

You may want to change your options to allow anonymous comments. Many people may decide it is not worth signing up with Blog*Spot just to leave a comment.

Some people just like to comment anonymously. Sort of like how you always did on my blog.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Bruce Penman said...

Hi Andrea! Good looking blog.

I'll bet there are lots of jobs for trainers and such. Aren't associations for people that do that?

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Thanks for the tip, David! I didn't even realize I had some extra settings to work through.

I think it is going to be ballroom - my supervisor and her husband might even sign up with me:-)

By the way, Mom is up and running on the shuffle. We have a few technical difficulties to work through, but she has already made her way through The Kite Runner. Now she is starting on her Maeve Binchy books.

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Hi penman-ozer clan - I think corporate trainer types make really good money - but they like people with advanced degrees or highly specialized computer types. I could probably get in with a real estate org or something. I'm not worried about it at the moment because I love my job - but I could see a day when the traveling would make me crazy. At least the crazy every day a new place pace.

How are you folks?

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger David said...

Anything about the Shuffle technical difficulties with which I can help?

Has Mom been listening to the books on her way to and from work?

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hi andrea! welcome to blogging! looking forward to seeing what else you are late to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home