Late to the Dance

Life really did get better at 40. Not perfect, but better. Great job, bad, bad hair, good TV, bad books, not enough exercise, bad doctor, a few good flicks, loser in the "relationship" department, good visits with Erin... See, lots of good stuff but too many bad things that I still have to work out. So this is me, working it out.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Empire State Building is red, white and blue.

This week it is New York. We started on Long Island - Rockville Centre to be precise - not the most exciting place on the grid. Last night we arrived in New York City. Our hotel is walking distance from Time Square so we spent the evening speed-walking through the throngs. So many people. It was interesting and not nearly as cold as you might think it would be - I actually ditched the coat finally - for a town that just suffered through a record breaking blizzard, it sure was light on the snow and cold.

Tonight we might try to get in to see a musical. And tomorrow we're talking about going to Central Park. And nothing against Jason, but I feel like a burden to him - I'd kind of rather be on my own. But I know that I wouldn't do as much stuff if I was on my own.

And I really want to go shopping. Tonight - a slice of NY style pizza and a little sidewalk shopping. Cheap purses! Hmm. I may need to buy a larger suitcase.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home