Late to the Dance

Life really did get better at 40. Not perfect, but better. Great job, bad, bad hair, good TV, bad books, not enough exercise, bad doctor, a few good flicks, loser in the "relationship" department, good visits with Erin... See, lots of good stuff but too many bad things that I still have to work out. So this is me, working it out.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Valley weather

We live in the valley. Got that, right? V-A-L-L-E-Y. Low point. pretty darn close to sea level. Anyway, Mom just walked out of Ralph's and into hail and snow. Car was covered in it, she used newspaper to keep the hail off her head. Crazy times. Is the world ending? And then three blocks away, the snow and hail turned into rain. An hour ago it was sunny. Feels like we live in Dubois!

6 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I know of a way you can have that kind of weather ALL the time.

Why was Mom driving? I thought she was blind in one eye and couldn't see out of the other?

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Bruce Penman said...

Hey, you all have NOTHING on us. We had snow in Scottsdale. It never got to 50 degrees today. Poor Sara had a soccer game this morning. It was 40 degrees and RAINING. She got off the field at the end of the first quarter and she was crying she was so cold. It was ridiculous to have those little girls out there. I was soaked to bone and I was wearing a sweatshirt. Luckily, the coaches agreed to end the game during the next quarter.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Bruce Penman said...

Yeah... what WAS mom driving? I thought she was a bus-takin', street-walkin', cab-hailin' lady.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Bruce Penman said...

I mean, "Yeah... what was mom DOING driving?"

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom told us, when she wanted to drive the 2 hours to Victorville to help us move, that "as long as it's light out and she takes her time" she can drive okay "right around town"...we didn't let her come.
Donna and David

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MOMMMM I miss you! It hailed here tonight, but there was no snow, which is kind of unfair, but also good because I definitely left my jacket at a friend's apartment.

So, wear layers and don't let Grammy drive, I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home