Late to the Dance

Life really did get better at 40. Not perfect, but better. Great job, bad, bad hair, good TV, bad books, not enough exercise, bad doctor, a few good flicks, loser in the "relationship" department, good visits with Erin... See, lots of good stuff but too many bad things that I still have to work out. So this is me, working it out.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Bad, bad tooth

I know I haven't posted in ages, and I wish this was going to be a big, brilliant catch up entry, but I'm afraid it is just a delaying tactic. I fly out in the morning for Ohio. Yay. Ohio. For some reason I just can't muster up a lot of enthusiasm for teaching in that state.

It could be the pinched nerve in my leg which leaves me with a limp and the occasional "whoops" as my leg crumbles beneath me. Or the gaping hole in my mouth from the recently extracted, impacted wisdom tooth. Or it could be the continuing exhaustion from the Conference in DC (which was an emotional rollercoaster, but a success overall - especially my contributions - hey, modesty will get me nowhere).

I will write about the non-stop thrills of Notaries at a conference. The parties, the glamour, the celebrities. Or maybe I'll just talk about the handsome man who hit on me.

More on that later.

(He was the bandleader and he said I was a "catch" and so many other lovely things - right up until I ran away - hey, wait a minute - I just told you about him - now what will I write about when I sit down and get serious about my pathetic blog?)

6 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger Bruce Penman said...

Hey, that's a FINE post! Anything is much better than nothing. For instance, if nothing else, it lets us know that you are still alive (in pain, but alive).

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger maggie said...

Okay, I want to hear more about the man hitting on you

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too...
Donna

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Bruce Penman said...

Pathetic blog is right. GET ON IT

Your family is waiting for details of your life. There must be something you can talk about. Tell everyone what a fun time you had in Arid-zona. Tell us about your last seminar. Tell us about Erin's living arrangements. ANYTHING.

I live vicariously through you (and Jen, but that part of me died from starvation about a month ago).

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Okay, I am posting to this blog before I read the next one to SAVOR the story line of the bandleader. Did he have a wand thing to lead the band with, or did he just use his hands?

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

He was the bandleader in the sense that he was the leader, not that he had a wand. He was actually the drummer. They played Sinatra-esque music and swing music and other lovely stuff. I really did tell the whole story. He was extremely complimentary and it made me run away. I. Am. Lame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home