Late to the Dance

Life really did get better at 40. Not perfect, but better. Great job, bad, bad hair, good TV, bad books, not enough exercise, bad doctor, a few good flicks, loser in the "relationship" department, good visits with Erin... See, lots of good stuff but too many bad things that I still have to work out. So this is me, working it out.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Burn Out?

Not even close. With me, it's momentum. If I stop, then it's over until something big gets me going again. So the more we work out, the better I like it. I'm going to miss summer! Swim in the morning, dance in the afternoon, YMCA in the evening, walk the dogs when the temperature drops all the way down to 100 degrees. Work a few hours a day... Of course the dancing is coming to a screeching halt in about a week - but it will start back up when I start getting paid real money in August.

Anyway - it was a great weekend for exercise. I would like to go out and do some other things - but it's so freaking hot, it's hard to muster the energy to go seeking new things. How do people watch a Diamondbacks game? Is it an enclosed ballpark with AC? How do the players PLAY in this heat?

By the way, Jen says I am having a midlife crisis. I suppose it is possible - I've certainly become more aware of my personal deficits recently - but what I am doing feels good - so why is it called a CRISIS?

1 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Bruce Penman said...

Keeping your momentum is very important as you age. It is amazing how fast you lose it as you get older. I am finally REALLY noticing how fast muscle mass and fitness disappears when you take off a day or two!

It really makes me happy when I hear that you are out there getting into the fitness lifestyle. As we (Maggie and I) have said too many times to remember, fitness MUST be a lifestyle to maintain it! You have to find something you enjoy. Perhaps this won't keep you in tip-top shape, but maybe it will drive you to use other forms of exercise so that you can get in shape to do what you love even better!

We all need to watch our blood sugars in this family. I notice numb toes and feeling "under the weather" when I am not eating right. Blech. I think I was lucky to be diagnosed as hypoglycemic as a teenager - it forced me to eat better at a young age. It's probably why I am not on diabetic meds now.

Anyway... You should tell everyone how absolutely perfect it is at 5:15am in Phoenix! It's perfect for running or riding (or even swimming at the YMCA).

The girls have a swim meet on the 4th. Are you going to be there???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home