Late to the Dance

Life really did get better at 40. Not perfect, but better. Great job, bad, bad hair, good TV, bad books, not enough exercise, bad doctor, a few good flicks, loser in the "relationship" department, good visits with Erin... See, lots of good stuff but too many bad things that I still have to work out. So this is me, working it out.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Oy, My Head.

I'm having one of "those" days. When I got home from Florida the lease renewal notice had arrived. He is raising our rent another hundred dollars. And that's if we sign the lease. If we don't, he's going to charge us an extra $250 a month to go month-to-month. Which really sucks. I know that our apartment is worth the money he wants to charge. And I love having the laundry right here inside. I DON'T want to ever go back to relying on a laundromat. And I like having a garage - lame as this one is. But really, cannot start paying $1700/month. Especially not when I want to scale back in case I have to take a position that pays less (traveling is taking its toll - I think I need to change - I think they may be firing someone from my group soon - maybe they'll offer me her position? HAH).

So glad we picked up a new car payment.

Argh.

Back to Craigslist where all of the apartments are UGLY and the only ones we can afford are numbingly dull and ugly and in fabo neighborhoods.

4 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oy, that's a bummer! I too have been searching Craigslist. It can be very sad. Are you looking for another 3 bedroom? Are you staying in the Valley (like, totally?)

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Want to scale back and get a 2 bedroom, but it is impossible to find an affordable 2 bedroom that has laundry hook-ups. And that has become pretty critical to me. I'm just on the road to much to be willing to rely on me getting to a laundromat...

We'll probably stay in the valley because we can't really afford anywhere else. Or I might just bite the bullet and pay this for another year. I just hate that I have to sign another lease with this guy.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Bruce Penman said...

Mom might get used to the commute from Phoenix. She can fly into Burbank and take a bus to work every day.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I'll run that commuting plan by her... I think we're just going to suck it up for another year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home