Late to the Dance

Life really did get better at 40. Not perfect, but better. Great job, bad, bad hair, good TV, bad books, not enough exercise, bad doctor, a few good flicks, loser in the "relationship" department, good visits with Erin... See, lots of good stuff but too many bad things that I still have to work out. So this is me, working it out.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

I still say mirrors are evil

What's the name of that disorder where you look in the mirror and you don't recognize yourself? I just had the strangest moment - I stopped to check out my appearance in the mirror and thought THAT'S what I look like? I didn't see ME in there. How odd. I didn't realize how old I look. It's this California air - too much humidity!

So yes, here in LA visiting with friends before I head down to San Diego for the weeklong conference. It was very nice seeing Ya-Lei and Nicole and Ellen. Ya-Lei and Nicole took me to this place in downtown LA and I had a fantastic wrap - Thai Cobb in a rice paper wrap. It was delicious and I think it might have even been healthy. Hard to tell with some of the Asian sauces... I pretty much talked non-stop about the Fred Astaire Dance Studio. Except for the two minutes that I allowed Nicole to tell us about this boy... Now I am back at Rachel's packing up to get on the road (thank you Rachel and Mike for letting me crash here!). Okay, not so much "packing" as "typing" at the moment - but you get the idea.

I miss walking the dogs! Seriously. I'm actually looking forward to arriving at the hotel tonight so I can hit the fitness center. I also miss dance class. An entire week without it? It's like jonesing for a fix! I think I might try to find the swing club Rachel went to in La Jolla and go there one night. I guess they teach the beginner's how to dance and then they all just have a big dance.

2 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Blogger Bruce Penman said...

Honestly, the older I get, the worse that disorder is for me. I look in the mirror, and EVERY ONE of them distorts me so that I look old and tired. It's crazy that they can't make a mirror right these days. I have found cameras to have the same issues.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Jen said...

The dogs miss you also, Andrea. They are very confused. Oddly enough, they don't look to me to walk them. They think they have a better chance with Mom.

Anna at the gym is always trying to get me to look into mirrors so I can watch my form. I won't do it. Isn't that terrible? She thinks I am a dumba**. It just hurts my eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home