Late to the Dance

Life really did get better at 40. Not perfect, but better. Great job, bad, bad hair, good TV, bad books, not enough exercise, bad doctor, a few good flicks, loser in the "relationship" department, good visits with Erin... See, lots of good stuff but too many bad things that I still have to work out. So this is me, working it out.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

NEW BLOG SITE

Hello friends and family. I decided to change my blogspot address - with the number of teachers getting in trouble for posting things about their personal lives online, I thought it would be wiser to have a website address that does NOT include my name. So here it is - http://www.phxmusings.blogspot.com/ - sorry you have to update links - but it is all about job security and I did mention shots of tequila in my last post...

Couple of things going wrong in my life right now. Big one - out of medication. So I'm off my synthroid AND my prozac. I've been off the prozac for a couple of months now and I am definitely feeling it. I tried St. John's Wort as a replacement but read so many bad things about it that I decided to stop taking it. So I'm something of a pill right now. Ha ha - a pill. But I don't HAVE any pills.

And this lack of medication might be to blame for my sudden adverse reaction to my dance classes - but I think it is just "sad realization" time... What's the point in taking the classes when I'll never have a partner? At the last practice party nobody wanted to dance with me and the few teachers who made the effort were rewarded for their efforts by me stumbling about, messing up every step. I left the practice dance (after half an hour of practicing my sitting skills - and it turns out that I don't really need to practice my sitting skills) and realized that I can't do it. It was killing my already fragile self-esteem.

On a more positive note, I have been working out steadily. Got set-up on Fit Linxx at the YMCA so I can track my workouts and progress. Speaking of working out - I better get going (although I am NOT a fan of the 5:00 o'clock crowd - and it's hard to get a treadmill for the cardio portion).

4 Comments:

At 3:08 AM, Blogger Bruce Penman said...

FIRST!!!

ha ha ha

An homage to Yahoo message boards of days long gone.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Jen said...

FIRST!!!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Bruce Penman said...

Jen, you weren't first. You can't say "First", when you are in fact second.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Bruce Penman said...

Hey Andrea, what about a post giving us an update on school? Tell us about your sleuthing, perhaps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home